A common Asian fruit, Guava has been lately grabbing a lot of interest.
A seasonal delicacy, the fruit envelopes so many hard seeds inside a sweet but soft pulp. Eat it raw, mix it in jellies and jams or cook delicacies out of this fruit. It is quite a versatile one. All those who till date believed that only an apple a day can keep the doctor away, will have to review the statement and examine the benefits of this tiny storehouse of nutrients.
- A rich source of dietary fiber, guava can save you from problems in digestion, constipation and intestinal disorders or irregular bowel syndrome. It helps in retaining water and cleansing your excretory and intestinal tract thoroughly.
- Problems like diarrhea and dysentery are easily fought back with the due assistance of guava. It has astringents that are anti-bacterial and disinfectant which help in cleaning your system.
- Rich in potassium, it strengthens and tones your digestive system. It provides a shield against common cold and flu due to its natural composition rich in iron. It, in fact, can help greatly in extreme cough, cold and congestions as well.
- It is the richest source of vitamin C. In fact, it contains this vitamin more than oranges. Perfect for skin, it reduces roughness and improves the texture of the skin. It will tone and tighten the loose and saggy skin and help you remove aging signs as it has rich content of anti-oxidant.
- It is also effective in reducing cholesterol level in your blood. By maintaining fluidity of the blood, it prevents thickening or clotting. Being affluent in fiber and hypoglycemic, it keeps your blood pressure normal.
- With its natural composition richly treasured with vitamins, minerals, protein, roughage and other nutrients, it satiates your hunger and keeps your appetite under control. As such it can be of great help to lose weight. Though because it keeps your metabolism and absorption of nutrients high, it can be a great means to put on weight for lean and lanky people.
- Guava can prevent scurvy, and strengthen your gums, treat bleeding or swelling of gums. Being a good remedy for toothache guava is good for dental care.
- Guava leaves have many medicinal properties. Rich in Quercetin and anti-bacterial these leaves are effective in cold and cough.
With so many brilliant benefits of guava, you should enjoy the fruit better and shield your health for the whole year.