Coconut water is a nutritious liquid inside the coconut fruit. This liquid is clear and is packed with minerals and vitamins.
There is usually more water in tender coconut but as it matures, it is replaced by white coconut flesh. Coconut water is in fact one of the most refreshing drinks of nature and is consumed throughout the world for its innumerable health benefits.
A number of studies have shown that the anti-bacterial, anti-viral, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of coconut water might be helpful in treating various minor or even certain severe health conditions. This drink can even regulate blood sugar, blood pressure and cholesterol levels and it is believed to be an energy booster and can increase metabolism in human body. Since it is an isotonic beverage, it can increase body’s metabolism and hence, the best drink for people aiming for weight loss.
It can also effectively treat dysentery, stomach flu, constipation, indigestion, cholera, intestinal worms, urinary abnormalities, malfunctioning kidneys, urethral stone, age spots, dry and itchy skin and even wrinkles.
- Coconut water, as we all know is refreshing and good enough to beat the scorching summer thirst. It is packed with electrolytes, sugar and minerals that can replenish the hydration levels in your body.
- Researchers suggest that cytokinins in coconut water contain anti-aging, anti-thrombotic and anti-carcinogenic effects.
- Coconut water is recommended for patients suffering from diarrhea as it can replace the fluid loss in the gastrointestinal tract and also reduce the requirement of intravenous therapy. It is low in chlorides and sodium but rich in amino acids and sugars. This fluid composition is well-balanced with the much required calories and is an ideal drink in dehydrated conditions.
- It is composed of lots of natural bioactive enzymes like catalase, acid phosphatase, dehydrogenase, peroxidase, diastase, RNA polymerases etc. These enzymes aid in metabolism and digestion.
- Even though coconut water has light consistency, it has a good composition of minerals like iron, calcium, magnesium, manganese and zinc.
- Coconut water is a very good source of B-Complex vitamins like Niacin, Riboflavin, Thiamin, Folates and Pyridoxine. These vitamins are essential vitamins as it can be replenished only from the external source.
- Coconut water is a rich source of electrolyte like Potassium. The healthy balance of electrolytes provides optimal health to our cardiovascular, muscular, immune system and also nervous system. Thus it can also help in the absorption and balancing of the body’s internal fluids.
- Besides all this, it has quite a small amount of vitamin-C.
All in all, coconut water can surely be a part of your healthy diet, so just drink this super source of hydration and stay healthy.