Constipation is problematic for most of us, but more common for those who are pregnant because of all of the hormonal changes and pressure that the baby puts on the intestines.
There are hundreds of laxative products that you can buy from you local grocery store but sadly; most of them are not really effective at keeping your chronic constipation at bay. Instead of turning to the fad products for constipation, which can also cause other side effects, there is a much better way to relieve constipation. Below, you will find some ways to relieve constipation as well as prevent it.
Now, ask yourself this question: How many times to you find yourself reaching out to foods that cause constipation? That’s right. We are all guilty of that one. If your answer is “many times”, just know that you are not by yourself on this one. Also be proud that you are not denying it either because that is a great starting point. Recognizing your mistakes and being proactive in taking steps to correct it, as well as improving your health. Here are lists of foods that have laxative power that will prevent constipation.
1. Fruits that contain fiber
Fruits like bananas, apples, melons and a variety of berries (Blueberries, Blackberries, Raspberries, etc.) are extremely high in liquid-content, which helps the body wash out toxins. They are also very easy to digest and high in antioxidants, nutrients, fiber and many important vitamins like vitamin C.
Looked at as a nature’s laxative, prunes are generally full of antioxidants, vitamin A, potassium, iron, and dietary fiber. In addition, prunes supply good bacteria in the intestines, hereby making it a great addition to any colon cleansing diet.
3. Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
As mentioned above, one of the best natural laxatives that will aid with constipation is raw apple cider vinegar. This drink will help to boost bowel irregularity, thus removing toxins from the body at a fast rate. Favorable ingredients found in apple cider vinegar include potassium, pectin, malic acid, calcium, ash, and acetic acid. Bragg’s organic raw apple cider vinegar is a favorable brand over any other brand currently in the market. Not only does it taste delicious, but it’s also organic.
4. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is one of the oldest and most popular medicinal plants known to man. The bulk of the Aloe Vera leaf is filled with gel, which is approximately 98% water. The other 2% contains over at least 77 known nutrients including around 21 minerals, 13 vitamins, 17 amino acids, 200 active plan compounds called phytonutrients, enzymes and of course, water.
Aside from the fact that you can grow your own Aloe Vera plant and use the gel, you can also drink Aloe Vera juice on a daily basis. Rich in nutrients, Aloe Vera juice will help to provide constipation relief.
5. Cayenne Pepper, Ginger & Turmeric
Cooking foods with spices such as organic cayenne pepper, ginger, and turmeric will help tremendously with digestion. It also acts as a wonderful laxative food agent. Take cayenne pepper for example. This food has many health benefits, one of which arouses the digestive tract, expanding the flow of enzyme production and gastric juices. Organic fresh ginger, such as ginger tea, is considered one of the best spices for keeping up regular digestion. Turmeric is known as the liver’s spice. It helps to boost liver detox by aiding enzymes that actively flush out known dietary carcinogens.
6. Citrus Fruits: Lemons, Oranges & Limes
These citrus fruits have the best detoxification force. They assist the body in eliminating toxins, as well as jump-start the digestive tract with enzymatic processes.
Vitamin C is probably one of the best detoxification vitamins around, as it converts toxins into digestible material. One orange will provide you with approximately 11-14% of your daily recommended fiber.
Tomatoes are great laxative foods, and very abundant in Vitamins C, A, and K. Tomatoes provide you with approximately 11% of your daily fiber needs. Additionally, they are very rich in lycopene, an antioxidant that helps protect you from developing colon cancer and prostate cancer.
8. Omega-3 Oils
Omega-3 fatty acid oils such as fish oil, walnut oil, avocado, olive oils, or soybean oils are great natural laxative cooking food agents, especially when flushing out toxins. These oils will help lubricate the intestinal walls, allowing the toxins to be absorbed by the oil, and eliminated by the body.
Last, but most definitely not least, water is one of the best natural laxative sources for appeasing constipation! Every day, drink 8 glasses of purified or distilled water. Water is vital to your body, makes up approximately 80 percent of your body weight, and helps moisten the intestines, regulating bowel flow.