Conditioners make the hair a lot smoother and add shine and body. They are usually made up of large molecules that literally will stick to the outside of the hair to make combing much easier, which prevents the hair from tangling up and breaking.
In the olden days, homemade conditioners contained pretty basic ingredients such as mayonnaise, lemon juice, or beer—none of which puts moisture back in the hair. But they do add softness and shine. If you have a lazy morning and your fridge is packed, then pamper yourself one of these super-rich homemade hair conditioners. Your hair will thank you for it.
Coming up Roses
This gorgeous, sweet-smelling, banana-rose conditioner is perfect for dry hair and scalp. The honey contains lots of vitamin A, B, and C; the bananas contain potassium; the almond oil is a terrific lubricant. It smells so good and delicious that it will send you into a state of sybaritic bliss.
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup dried rose petals
- 2 bananas
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons almond oil
1. Mix the water, milk, and rose petals in a saucepan and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from the burner and let it cool.
2. Add the banana, honey and almond oil in a blender and blend it on low. Pour the mixture into a bowl.
3. Gently fold the cooled rose petal mixture into the banana mixture
4. Massage into scalp and hair
5. Cover the hair with a plastic shower cap and leave it on for 25 or 30 minutes
6. Rinse with warm water followed by shampoo.
When your hair feels as dry as a bed of straw, this heavenly treatment will keep your hair soft and silky for at least two weeks.
- 4 Sprigs rosemary
- ¼ lemon
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ cup avocado
- 2 teaspoons almond oil
- ½ papaya
1. Steep the rosemary in boiling water and let it cool
2. Massage the scalp with the almond oil
3. Mash together the avocado and papaya, and squeeze in the lemon
4. Put the rosemary tea in a spray bottle
5. Apply the fruit mixture into the hair
6. Spray the tea on the hair
7. Cover with a shower cap and leave it on for about 20 minutes
8 .Rinse and shampoo
This is a simple, vitamin E-rich protein pack for over-processed hair.
- 1 egg
- ½ avocado
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
1. Mash the avocado, and mix in the other ingredients
2. Spread the mixture throughout your hair- most importantly the ends
3. Cover with a shower cap, and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes
4. Rinse with cool water followed by shampoo.